So long and thanks for all the fish
I woke up yesterday to Teddy walking around pawing me. He'd pat an arm then walk around my head, sit back onto my nightstand to watch to see if he'd accomplished anything, then when I didn't move he'd try rubbing his cheek into my nose. When I finnaly did get up and let the cats out to play I had white Teddy hairs in my eyebrows!!!
For the first time this break I pulled out my writing notebook, which I always bring with me to home or school though it's heavy, and though I didn't write a story I wrote about 20 pages... a sortof "History Of The World According To Leah" It was also partially a "Meaning OF Life". Sometimes writing makes me feel better and sometimesit has the power to make everything seem so much worse. Today, though, I feel better than I have in a long time. Though at first it was a pain because I can finally type faster, I got used to it. There is something about sitting in your own livingroom( couch, carpet, bookshelves, plants, lamps ), by yourself, with a purring cat in your lap. a glass bottle of All Natural Creme Soda on the coffee table, the view outside...leaves from last fall covering the ground, the ridge visible through the trees...
I went in search of my story "The Night" from AP English which I think is my best work. I e-mailed it to myself from my old computer, then I remembered that we'd moved my old documents to my new computer and I already had it. It is a dreamy, romantic, poetic like story which makes use of imagery.
For the first time this break I pulled out my writing notebook, which I always bring with me to home or school though it's heavy, and though I didn't write a story I wrote about 20 pages... a sortof "History Of The World According To Leah" It was also partially a "Meaning OF Life". Sometimes writing makes me feel better and sometimesit has the power to make everything seem so much worse. Today, though, I feel better than I have in a long time. Though at first it was a pain because I can finally type faster, I got used to it. There is something about sitting in your own livingroom( couch, carpet, bookshelves, plants, lamps ), by yourself, with a purring cat in your lap. a glass bottle of All Natural Creme Soda on the coffee table, the view outside...leaves from last fall covering the ground, the ridge visible through the trees...
I went in search of my story "The Night" from AP English which I think is my best work. I e-mailed it to myself from my old computer, then I remembered that we'd moved my old documents to my new computer and I already had it. It is a dreamy, romantic, poetic like story which makes use of imagery.

1 Comments:
At 3:13 PM,
Me said…
Well sounds like a nice end to your vacation...
Post a Comment
<< Home