Yay this week's over!!
And I've been talking about going to bed for, like, three hours...sigh...but I really needed to waste some good, valuable time!!!! I handed in big things and feel better...I have nothing big until finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was no one at the K. tonight. (20 people instead of the usual 60, or however many, no clue) First time ever, I think, I didn't stay for Benching (singing) because my voice had gotten sore in Services and I was tiered...not that I've gone to bed!!!
At lunch Lauren said " Anyone want to go out on the pond?" So seven Parsonites took out two canoes and three kayaks. I went with Lauren...I have finaly set foot on the island!!! She might be a Crewbie, and Crewbies might have muscular arms and so are strong paddlers, but there the common skills end. Just because you are on Crew does not mean you can steer. I ended up steering the most...but I had to majorly compensate because I'm not as strong as her at all! Once we had gone upstream a ways we beached ourselves and got out. My brilliant HP (House Prez) decided to wade out into the water to get some river glass she'd seen. The river might be more of a brook, and slow moving, and shallow, but it is cold! With much using of the paddle to poke the ground in front of her, and much flailing at the coldness, she ventured out finally. Slowly, one by one, we followed. WE've got some photos on digital cameras of us all out in the middle of the river. It wasn't so bad once your feet and legs numbed enough, though eventually the rocks covering the bottom really began to hurt our feet...but there were seven of us wandering around staring into the water!!! We probably looked silly. People coming back downstream had to paddle around us!! There were two classes out so at first we didn't have enough life jackets. It was so much fun...for over an hour in the early afternoon!!!! I have pretty glass and samples of these red rocks which were all over? They look like bricks?
I have a concert tomorrow...my parents are coming...I see them a lot. I 've been talking to my dad with Skype because it's fun!!!! But I couldn't bear to go to bed too early on a Friday..I was going to go find someone to hangout with...but got trapped by my computer...oh, and I called Jess...she didn't have that much to add on to her interesting Blog posting. Kim (next year roommie) asked one girl about her cool chair and I asked Leah about her carpet...we're trying to figure things out for next year. (And we get to arrive early as HONS.) Glee Club members also have to arrive several days early to learn Convocation music. G'night. We're almost there....yay summer!!!! (It seems too soon, and I'll miss school friends...but I can't wait to get home!!!) Two weeks, or less!!!
Oh, Phantom...some of my favorite bits...
"Duuuun...dun-nun-nun-nuh-nuuuun..."
"In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came..."
"Think of me, think of me waking..."
"...I used to dream he'd appear..."
"But his voice filled my spirit with a strange sweet sound..."
"Say you love me every waking moment, turn my head with talk of summertime..."
"...try to forgive, teach me to live..."
"You have brought me, to that moment when words run dry..."..."When will the blood begin to roast, the sweeping thought burst into bloom, when will the flames at last consume us?"
"Why make her lie to you to save me?"
Yay!!!!!!!
At lunch Lauren said " Anyone want to go out on the pond?" So seven Parsonites took out two canoes and three kayaks. I went with Lauren...I have finaly set foot on the island!!! She might be a Crewbie, and Crewbies might have muscular arms and so are strong paddlers, but there the common skills end. Just because you are on Crew does not mean you can steer. I ended up steering the most...but I had to majorly compensate because I'm not as strong as her at all! Once we had gone upstream a ways we beached ourselves and got out. My brilliant HP (House Prez) decided to wade out into the water to get some river glass she'd seen. The river might be more of a brook, and slow moving, and shallow, but it is cold! With much using of the paddle to poke the ground in front of her, and much flailing at the coldness, she ventured out finally. Slowly, one by one, we followed. WE've got some photos on digital cameras of us all out in the middle of the river. It wasn't so bad once your feet and legs numbed enough, though eventually the rocks covering the bottom really began to hurt our feet...but there were seven of us wandering around staring into the water!!! We probably looked silly. People coming back downstream had to paddle around us!! There were two classes out so at first we didn't have enough life jackets. It was so much fun...for over an hour in the early afternoon!!!! I have pretty glass and samples of these red rocks which were all over? They look like bricks?
I have a concert tomorrow...my parents are coming...I see them a lot. I 've been talking to my dad with Skype because it's fun!!!! But I couldn't bear to go to bed too early on a Friday..I was going to go find someone to hangout with...but got trapped by my computer...oh, and I called Jess...she didn't have that much to add on to her interesting Blog posting. Kim (next year roommie) asked one girl about her cool chair and I asked Leah about her carpet...we're trying to figure things out for next year. (And we get to arrive early as HONS.) Glee Club members also have to arrive several days early to learn Convocation music. G'night. We're almost there....yay summer!!!! (It seems too soon, and I'll miss school friends...but I can't wait to get home!!!) Two weeks, or less!!!
Oh, Phantom...some of my favorite bits...
"Duuuun...dun-nun-nun-nuh-nuuuun..."
"In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came..."
"Think of me, think of me waking..."
"...I used to dream he'd appear..."
"But his voice filled my spirit with a strange sweet sound..."
"Say you love me every waking moment, turn my head with talk of summertime..."
"...try to forgive, teach me to live..."
"You have brought me, to that moment when words run dry..."..."When will the blood begin to roast, the sweeping thought burst into bloom, when will the flames at last consume us?"
"Why make her lie to you to save me?"
Yay!!!!!!!

6 Comments:
At 2:39 PM,
Me said…
leah arent the words "blood begin to race." ? not rise?
At 5:22 PM,
Leah said…
I didn't say "rise" I said "roast" which does and doesn't make sense...but I like my way, whatever the "real" words are!!!!
At 11:16 AM,
Myles said…
Did she get the river glass?
At 1:15 PM,
Leah said…
Yeah...we all got pretty shiney things!!!! I have green, teal, darker green, brown and lighter brown glass peices. They are pretty!!!
At 3:32 PM,
Jess-Beast said…
I think it's "when will the blood begin to race, the sleeping bud burst into bloom..." but that may just be me.
At 7:04 PM,
Leah said…
Yes, of course you're right, Jess...when I looked it up, that's what one source said...so I have three opinions in favor of that. I still like my words better...and it doesn't completely matter waht the words are...some of these bits I do like from words, or from accompaniment, or hoe they were sung...
Post a Comment
<< Home