You really don't need to read all of this!

This is me rambling and thinking out loud, me showing how incapable I am at making decisions, me trying to be funny and failing and generating laughs just from my ramblingness...beware of sudden subject changes...I write as I think...

Friday, May 05, 2006

Senior Banquet

Wow...the first years had to serve the seniors...make fun of them in a skit...yeah...it was fun...everyone loved my rendition of Sarah Symonds. We worked hard and luckily the seniors enjoyed our skit...the point of senior banquet is to get drunk, and drink they did...(then some of them went off to go skinny dipping in the pond, though others remembered that it has chemicals and icky things in it and didn't go in...I'm told...I didn't accompany them...though other sober people did, luckily...) But, anyway, where was I...Senior Wills...we had 30 seniors, which is half of our house...it was one side of the room willing to the other half. People gave away clothings, books, toys, stuffed animals, a stereo, a TV, rugs, lamps....etc. I got a Ballerina Statue for Kate Aid (Fourth Floor Kate, or Ballerina Kate) which I always look at when I'm in her room...she didn't know this, though, she just thought I'd like it!! It's from our outings to see dance preformances...like The Nutcracker!! Leah and I got Sarah P's plants(Kate's partner in crime on the fourth floor)...she thought we'd divide them up and love them well!!! I got an amazing Geneology of Greek Myths that is an accordian folded book from Carolyn D. who is also a Classics person. Evadne gave me two books for Classics in translation, Sarah Symonds gave me her Senior Hat (there's a day when they wear silly hats and go hear speeches and music and I watched her make a crown of flowers for it...flowers she found in one of the Parsons craft cupboards from last years Senior Banquet...so she gave me the crown and I promised to wear it when I'm a senior. It's very pretty and Leah-ish. Alana says she has something for me maybe. And Mina gave me her lace curtians...she thought of the first years I'd appreciate them the most...someone, maybe Kate Yohay said something about me wanting to be a princess. So I didn't do too badly. It is fun to have people think of you, but it was also fun listening to the stories behind things, especially the objects which have been willed down through the house for many years, or are willed with conditions of them staying in the house. Did I say before that I definitly get Leah's carpet for next year?!!!!

It's a nice day. I went to bed at 3am...I was carrying my skript I had to memorize for French because we acted scenes for the oral part of our finals all around last night as I followed drunk Seniors around for amusment. I hung out and got some memorized...I still didn't completely have it, but I wouldn't have studied that much , I don't think, had I not been hanging out too. We played Have You Ever and Truth or Dare (which I probably hadn't played in about 6 years). It was lots of fun...I think I need to go to more parties, or we need to have more...or not...it's the end of the year and next year I'll need to not be there when my first years are drinking or I could get into trouble. We might go on the pond again..or just sit outside..no tea today...I could do work (I'm definitly going to do my post for my Jewish Studies class which is due at 5pm) ...I need to go to the K. and help cook.

Why do I write sooo much...it takes soo long. But I'm summerizing...nbnut there's so much to say...anyway...have a good day!!! And see you soon!!! Good luck on everything, everyone!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Me said…

    its nice to know your enjoying yourself.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    : )

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Ashley said…

    that's really cute that the seniors pass things down like that, i wish we did stuff like that but i think about 95% of the seniors live off campus

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Myles said…

    Seriously, I'm all up for traditions about free gifts from seniors.

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Ashley said…

    14 days til my birthday

     

Post a Comment

<< Home