I like Food
This is a good conclusion to reach!!! I realize this every Yom Kippur when I get tiered and hungry and thirsty and less happy than I'd usually be, and not be able to focus...I don't shut down...but it's scary to feel your body and mind not working as well as usual. It proves that we do eat not just for psychological fulfillment but also to give our bodies energy to function!!!!
It's been a quite weekend. Many people are not here, working, etc. Alanna moved out...I didn't see her before she left. "My Boys" left for the weekend...things just aren't as fun without them around...that's Nadeem and Sam. But I hung out in Ann-Marie's room doing HW for a while...and Josh...another sophomore was there too...so that was really good...and I actually ate dinner with someone who doesn't live in Hewitt...I broke the fast with a girl, Eric, a first year I met at the first Friday services of the year...and her friend from her dorm...and we ran into Jon from Vermont who lives in my dorm...a sophomore transfer I know...and so we ate with him too!! I actually got work done today...so I have less to do tomorrow. If I can manage to study enough for Greek and Latin I'll be sooo happy...otherwise everything else is under control. For the first time I got to do some work early. It's only Saturday and I did most of my Astronomy HW due Tuesday...so now I can go to TA hours and ask questions and do really well!!!
Mariel and Rithi...my next door neighbors were doing some roommate bonding...and decided to go roll down Foss Hill. This was at 11:30. So I brought my camera and watched them and their stuff. And then Josh found us...and then left...and then Chris came out...and the four of us were sitting toward the bottom of the hill, whence the girls had rolled...and we played this song game where you have to go from song to song finding words that link them together!!! The silhouette of the trees above us was beautiful...and the steeples and roof lines for College Row against the reddish sky lit up from town...and the library lights were blazing out, and we couldn't see any stars...it was cloudy...occasionally drops of rain would land on our upturned faces. Chris almost brought his guitar...but we warned him about the rain, so he didn't. It was so peaceful. Other people were sitting out there too, or walking through...some were drunk...we heard drunken singing earlier! Someone had brought a blanket and even candles!!!
It's been a quite weekend. Many people are not here, working, etc. Alanna moved out...I didn't see her before she left. "My Boys" left for the weekend...things just aren't as fun without them around...that's Nadeem and Sam. But I hung out in Ann-Marie's room doing HW for a while...and Josh...another sophomore was there too...so that was really good...and I actually ate dinner with someone who doesn't live in Hewitt...I broke the fast with a girl, Eric, a first year I met at the first Friday services of the year...and her friend from her dorm...and we ran into Jon from Vermont who lives in my dorm...a sophomore transfer I know...and so we ate with him too!! I actually got work done today...so I have less to do tomorrow. If I can manage to study enough for Greek and Latin I'll be sooo happy...otherwise everything else is under control. For the first time I got to do some work early. It's only Saturday and I did most of my Astronomy HW due Tuesday...so now I can go to TA hours and ask questions and do really well!!!
Mariel and Rithi...my next door neighbors were doing some roommate bonding...and decided to go roll down Foss Hill. This was at 11:30. So I brought my camera and watched them and their stuff. And then Josh found us...and then left...and then Chris came out...and the four of us were sitting toward the bottom of the hill, whence the girls had rolled...and we played this song game where you have to go from song to song finding words that link them together!!! The silhouette of the trees above us was beautiful...and the steeples and roof lines for College Row against the reddish sky lit up from town...and the library lights were blazing out, and we couldn't see any stars...it was cloudy...occasionally drops of rain would land on our upturned faces. Chris almost brought his guitar...but we warned him about the rain, so he didn't. It was so peaceful. Other people were sitting out there too, or walking through...some were drunk...we heard drunken singing earlier! Someone had brought a blanket and even candles!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home