You really don't need to read all of this!

This is me rambling and thinking out loud, me showing how incapable I am at making decisions, me trying to be funny and failing and generating laughs just from my ramblingness...beware of sudden subject changes...I write as I think...

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Classes

Monday- Medieval Legend and Myth (English) & Lovers and Other Strangers (Greek)
Tuesday- Descriptive Astronomy & Apuleius: The Golden Ass (Latin)
Wednesday- Greek again
Thursday- Astronomy & Latin
Friday- Medieval Legend and Myth

My English class is focused on King Arther and Robin Hood!!!!! I almost didn't have a Friday class, but I really wanted to take this, so...yeah...
Latin is annoying because it's being taught by a prof from Yale or something who is filling in and can only come during lunch...so I'll always be hungry!!!! It's the 5th semester course.
Greek is my 3rd semester.
Astronomy is taught at the Observatory, which is on Foss Hill near my dorm. I need some science classes, and while this does use some math (yay) it's for non majors...and while I'm here I should take advantage of the special things they have!!!!

So three days a week I have two classes and two days I have only one!!!! And nothing before 10:30 am and nothing after 4pm!!!!!!!

I win!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Wes is awesome!!!!! (As in....it's really everything I've ever wanted college to be. It feels right! I love it!!!! But though it's really wonderful, it still is normal, while Smith isn't. And Smith is my first love. My loyalties lie firstly with Smith! Even when I have been here a little longer, and Wes seems like my place, and always a little part of me will belong at Wes, still-I fell in love with Smith first. )

Ugg...some girl is whining outside my door....she might be a Sophomore...but is probably a disillusioned Junior! I mostly hang out with Sophomores...transfers who live in my hall. I've met some Juniors...and I'd like to meet more, even Seniors....but it is nice to know people who also are new!!!

I'm really bored. I could organize my paperwork, or not. There's some form for damages in your room...may as well look it over... or I could go out into the hall and talk to continuing students who are moving in...they are moving in pretty soon after we did. We've only been here for 5 nights. I woke up at 7:30 to go do community service...and I need a nap now. It's that time in the afternoon!!!! At least it cooled off...it's been soooo hot here!

It's fun to do the whole new student thing again...and I've met some nice people...even first years...but it's hard...I don't want to gain a million first year friends...already most of the sophomores are two years younger than me! And first years are dealing with different things. On my service trip today they were talking about their high schools...something which I don't feel I need to do anymore. Now it's more about life in general and my place in it. Oh, I feel old and grown up now!!! One first year said it made sense when I told her I was a Junior visiting student. "You don't seem nervous enough to be a first year," she said. YAY!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Laurel said…

    Class schedule looks pretty sweet

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jess-Beast said…

    That's a nice schedule. I'm very glad to hear that it's all going smoothly thus far. ^_^ Remember to have fun and to go exploring. Find the library on some weekend and get lost in there for me, okay?

    Loves,
    Jess^_^

     

Post a Comment

<< Home