Since when has it been summer?
Who gave permission for summer to begin? Does this seem fair to you? NO? I didn't think so! For us poor students the warm weather makes it basically impossible to sit inside studying and actually remember what we were studying for more than 50 seconds, or makes it impossible to concentrate for more than 4 minutes at a time. I've watched and heared my housemates (mostly first years) finnish thier packing and move out. Several friends in the house are gone already. And I still have two finals and two papers to do!!!!! I was trying to study for Greek this afternoon, but with poor results! At least I got my Latin final over with this morning and my Drawing Portfolio was handed in on Tuesday. So I already know my final grade from one class. My UMass class, Roman Archaeology, 10-15 page research paper I need to start...due next Tuesday, and my take home final for that class is due the Tuesday after that. But they are also renivating my house this summer and so I have to move into another room at the end of this week, so I have to deal with packing some stuff to go home, some stuff to stay here...
I forgot how sad the end of the year is with people moving out and finishing exams and papers early and now I won't be here next year and these first years who I just met this semester or last semester I'll never be in school with again...same for the seniors!!!! aAAAHHH!!!!
But otherwise, the weather is nice, there's sun and birds and the cars do make a soothing sound on Elm Street! I never put away my laundry the other day, and my room is very small (by Smith standards) so I don't have as much room to walk, but that's OK. It's nice and cozy. I'm the last person to live in my room because it won't exist after the renivations!!!! I went around obsessivly taking pictures the other day!
Other news...His Holiness the 14th Dali Lama came to our school yesterday. It took them almost 15 years to get him to come!!! He is really sweet and funny and made jokes! We all wish now that he could be our grandfathers! He seems like the kind of guy you'd want to lead any country or religion. My choir was invited to sing for him so we were on risers next to the stage and got to see him upclose!!! He enjoyed our music and was very appreciative!!!!
So though I'm complaining about the weather, it isn't really that bad. I'm actually having a good finals week and am not too stressed. I mean, I still have lots to do, but I'll survive.
I forgot how sad the end of the year is with people moving out and finishing exams and papers early and now I won't be here next year and these first years who I just met this semester or last semester I'll never be in school with again...same for the seniors!!!! aAAAHHH!!!!
But otherwise, the weather is nice, there's sun and birds and the cars do make a soothing sound on Elm Street! I never put away my laundry the other day, and my room is very small (by Smith standards) so I don't have as much room to walk, but that's OK. It's nice and cozy. I'm the last person to live in my room because it won't exist after the renivations!!!! I went around obsessivly taking pictures the other day!
Other news...His Holiness the 14th Dali Lama came to our school yesterday. It took them almost 15 years to get him to come!!! He is really sweet and funny and made jokes! We all wish now that he could be our grandfathers! He seems like the kind of guy you'd want to lead any country or religion. My choir was invited to sing for him so we were on risers next to the stage and got to see him upclose!!! He enjoyed our music and was very appreciative!!!!
So though I'm complaining about the weather, it isn't really that bad. I'm actually having a good finals week and am not too stressed. I mean, I still have lots to do, but I'll survive.

2 Comments:
At 11:42 PM,
Myles said…
That is really cool getting to see the Dalai Lama. Definetly a once-in-a-lifetime experiance!
I am finishing up my final paper and I leave tomorrow (Friday) morning. Taylor already went home and there are huge thunderstorms outside. It's nice. Can't wait to see you this summer!
At 12:28 PM,
Ashley said…
very cool about the Dalai Lama, i wish my school had important people come to visit. hope studing goes well see you soon
Post a Comment
<< Home