You really don't need to read all of this!

This is me rambling and thinking out loud, me showing how incapable I am at making decisions, me trying to be funny and failing and generating laughs just from my ramblingness...beware of sudden subject changes...I write as I think...

Saturday, August 04, 2007

I Have A Head Ache (which has nothing to do with anything else I'm about to say)

And I'm not trying to complain. (I mean, I am, but it's my own fault!) I've been on the internet...highly distracted. I really should have just gone to bed. Now the bugs are getting attracted to my lamp and the lamps are making it too warm in here, and my fan isn't on and i just feel so gross. Then again, it feels all nice and summery! I have to work tomorrow, but that's OK. The book sale had been fun! (Then again, I wasn't one of the ones outside in the hot sun...I was hte one inside working the Youth Circ. Desk and marshaling teen volunteers in and out, telling them who's shift it was!)

Isn't it funny how a human's first reaction upon hearing that summer is almost over is to wish it would never end? Let's keep school at bay! Why is that? Why do we think that if time stood still we'd be safe? If OUR LIVES stood still. Human life. We'd still have natural disasters to fear. And we could get bored. I know I personally hate change, yet usually it is good. I actually like change, I'm just scared of it, of course! I'm sure it would be worse if everything stayed the same! I REALLY wouldn't want to be the person I was when I was five, or 10 or even 19!!!

It's the best gift I've ever had, being ME! Well, actually, BEING ME and LOVING ME. I'm sorry to get all corny, but that's what happens to some of us when we stay up too late! When life is normal I'm sure many people don't think about it much. But I had a horrible Sophomore year (though you'd never know it looking at my grades and things) and I know what it is to lose this gift. It's really scary when you've always liked yourself and could see your place in the world, and then realize that you don't like yourself. So, anyway...I'd just like to say that I really like myself, and have this whole summer... and can't wait to see what new challenges my new school year will bring. It's been so nice to be home for the summer with friends, and I think I've built up enough self esteem to brave the world of academia for yet another year!!! : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home