Class of 2009!
Here are some statistics about Smith College Class of '09:
There are 631 students who were selected from a pool of 3, 408 applicants. Percentage admitted was 48%. (A record number of applicants, of course.)
It's the most racially diverse class ever.
124 are the first to go to college in thier families.
30% identifies as a student of color.
Of total student body there are 14 % Asian American, 8 % Latina, 7 % African American 1 % Native American.
International students are 8% of the class.
We hav etree sets of identical twins.
I got my class photo today!!!!!!!I'm in the first row center!!!!! It's not my best picture, but it will do....it's a very long picture, but it's in focus...you can tell who everyone is!!!!!!
I went to bed at three last night/this morning!!!!
Stupid French Paper.
Missed breakfast, was late to Ballet, had to still correct French quizes..which she never collected anyway...forgot to go to chorus last night becuase I hadn't had it in two weeks...but no on esaid anything, and I didn't bring it up!!...almost forgot to print French essay...But I was happy too....I'm slowely, but surely getting stuff done!!!!!!But my Ballet teacher loved my Ballet Journel...we handed them in the other day.
Me's happy right now.
I while listening to Sarah and Carolyn and a friend from outside the house do thier Lingustics HW I decided that maybe I should be a lingustics major...becuase it is language, it's formation ect. that I love...as well as the words them selves and understanding them....
Must find out what that beautiful peice of music is that Julius plays for us in Ballet class. (He;s the accompaniest.)
G'night,
pleasant dreams...
There are 631 students who were selected from a pool of 3, 408 applicants. Percentage admitted was 48%. (A record number of applicants, of course.)
It's the most racially diverse class ever.
124 are the first to go to college in thier families.
30% identifies as a student of color.
Of total student body there are 14 % Asian American, 8 % Latina, 7 % African American 1 % Native American.
International students are 8% of the class.
We hav etree sets of identical twins.
I got my class photo today!!!!!!!I'm in the first row center!!!!! It's not my best picture, but it will do....it's a very long picture, but it's in focus...you can tell who everyone is!!!!!!
I went to bed at three last night/this morning!!!!
Stupid French Paper.
Missed breakfast, was late to Ballet, had to still correct French quizes..which she never collected anyway...forgot to go to chorus last night becuase I hadn't had it in two weeks...but no on esaid anything, and I didn't bring it up!!...almost forgot to print French essay...But I was happy too....I'm slowely, but surely getting stuff done!!!!!!But my Ballet teacher loved my Ballet Journel...we handed them in the other day.
Me's happy right now.
I while listening to Sarah and Carolyn and a friend from outside the house do thier Lingustics HW I decided that maybe I should be a lingustics major...becuase it is language, it's formation ect. that I love...as well as the words them selves and understanding them....
Must find out what that beautiful peice of music is that Julius plays for us in Ballet class. (He;s the accompaniest.)
G'night,
pleasant dreams...

3 Comments:
At 10:23 PM,
Jess-Beast said…
Hi!
I want your room, it looks more cozy- though sleeping that close to a room mate is creepy- I really want to post pics of my room, but I have no camera. We have pianos all over the place here at Wells- most of them are too out of tune and too old to ever be repaired... my Wells 101 teacher has the idea to perform one of Yoko Ono's pieces on one of them- which is to simply light it a fire and listen to it burn (while at a very safe distance from it- GOD EXPLODING PIANO)- and record it!
I admit that sounds interesting.
Hmm... I have just realized that your Freshman class has more students than my school... But I can't (now) imagine going to a big school- to not be able to sprint across campus in faive minutes (only because it's hard to sprint up hills).
Glad to hear you're getting into the swing of things!
Love you bunches, Love you tons, Love you oodles,
~Jess^_^
At 11:18 PM,
Myles said…
Wow. I hate Yoko Ono, she broke up the Beatles :mad:
I thought Smith had more people then that...my class is not signifigantly smaller then yours. We have a set of identical twins too!
Anyway, good luck with the French essay! Nite.
At 11:23 PM,
Leah said…
Hi Myles
Post a Comment
<< Home