You really don't need to read all of this!

This is me rambling and thinking out loud, me showing how incapable I am at making decisions, me trying to be funny and failing and generating laughs just from my ramblingness...beware of sudden subject changes...I write as I think...

Friday, March 03, 2006

My Old Friends Gilbert and Sullivan

Soooo...I'm home. Vermont is cold...and snowy...and there are trees. It suprises me everytime. As we drove over the last hill on the main road I thought: "Wow, I live in the middle of nowhere." I'd never thought that before. Because I'm not homesick I'm school-sick and miss school and people there and interesting new developements. I'm glad I ended up not bringing anyone home with me because who needs her friends to see her dad prancing around stage wearing a mini-skirt and tights? (The guards had tunic things...yeah.) (And a G&S is crazy anyway.) I got to talk to Lindsey before and both her and Patrick and many people after...Lucinda (my old voice teacher, and the music director) ...Laurel's mom and dad (who was in it too)...Mike's mom (his dad wasn't in it and sat with my mom and I since the other four parents were on stage.) Lindsey and Patrick's bio's said their upcoming roles in Cinderella at BFUHS (Cinderella and Prince Charming). (And they ended up being a couple at the end of the G&S.) (BF students seem to always double shows...the G&S and a musical, and they often have the same spouse or boy friend/girlfriend in both shows.) This show, by the way, was: Yeoman of the Guard. The set was awesume...stone walls and doorways!!!!! The costumes were soooo cool...probably borrowed from the Ren. Fair (Some of them) The female chorus had no part...it was a chorus...not like last year's Princess Ida, when we, the female chorus, was an important part of the plot...and were on stage much of the time...but I still was jealous and wanted to be in it. It was sooo wierd not being involved...but it was fun feeling like I'm still part of the family and I went backstage into the dressing room before and after the show! By the way, I think I did a good job on my Latin Midterm this morning!!!!!!!!That's two down, two to go. I enjoyed telling the people who asked home school is that I sang with the Eastman School of Music choir last night!!!!! Also by the way, I am soooo tiered and out of it and packing took forever...I couldn't concentrate...it was scary...the one thing I forgot was my power supply thing for my lap top...so I shouldn't use this too much. I refuse to use my old computer...I'll uses my dad's when they go to town meeting tommorrow....or I'll do home work. I'd better go because Tiger just jumped onto my bed and meaowed at me...he says it's bed time and asks if I'm coming to bed. I just realized something this evening...I was sitting on the kitchen floor, I'd just fed the cats and Tiger kept butting his head into my toes to see if I'd give him any more food. I realized, as horrible as it sounds, that when I'm at school I don't miss getting hugs from my parents as much as I miss petting my cats. My cats are the living things I come into contact with the most...they are soothing and furry...and everytime I go back to school I notice the cat hair I've picked up while being at home. This is the one time in my life when I won't be living with a cat...I must enjoy being hair-free while I can...once I can have a cat, I know I will. I can't wait till I graduate and can come back to Main Street Arts to be in a G&S. But, as Lindsey said...then she'll be gone...it will be seven years (?) till we can be in a Mainstreet Arts G&S or anything, together again. (Our first show together was Alice in Wonderland, je pense.) We've been in school shows, MSA adult and childrens' shows, chorus, and Saxtons River Playhouse shows(summerstock professional theater). I am soooo cold...I feel sooooo cold blooded...at school I'm always way too hot, and at home I'm always way too cold. It was wierd...I swear the sun set so much earlier up here that I noticed it. But I'm not too far north from school. Guess what? Stephen Major said that Adrian was in Parsons. (If I get my people corrrect.) Adrian was only in the chorus this time, instead of being the director...but Betty directed again!!!!!!!!! Sally was singing tenor in the male chorus as a guard again!!!! Teddy's being mischivious again and licking my milk glass. Ah, there's my hat Jess made, sitting on Huggy, my gorrilla which I've had forever who vibrates when you hug him. I sooo need to go to bed. But it's not midnight, bedtime, yet!! I can and can't believe I'm home...I was sooo overjoyed last time to be at home...I can't appreciate it as well now...then I really needed it...it was like returing home from Girl Scout camp...it's the best thing in the world...my carpet...next year I aim me to get a carpet...and there are several seniors who have carpets to will. (At Senior banquet Seniors give there things away to underclasswomen.) Ah, my home room is so much bigger than my Smith room and there would be sun in it if it were day time. I don't carry my spoon around here...not even when I went to Saxtons River...I thought Id feel lost without it, but I didin't notice it. It's been almost two weeks. There are four of us left. Sarah, Lulu, Evan and I. Dad just borrowed my wipes so he could finnally take his makeup off. He looks less silly now!! Before I fall asleep at the computer...G'night!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home