Rocks
That's what we saw pictures and pictures of...rocks, and bricks and cement...and it was soooooo cooool!!! So, the guy who has lead excavations of Pompeii gave a lecture at UMass...so there we went...we didn't have time to crash the Amherst Hillel so I came back to campus and there were lots of people I didn't know at the K...but Emily, Rachel and Marquela, and another girl came, so I sat with them...and Angela is offically converted and will have an aliya tommorrow so a delegation is meeting at Chase-Duckett for an early breakfast (9:15) and walking over. I don't want to sit through a whole Saturday morning service, but I haven't been to one in a while, and I want to be there to see Angela. (And I have so few opportunities for wearing my talas.) RB (Rabbi Bruce) and family were there tonight for the first time in a while. My hair was drying so I kept braiding and unbraiding it and putting it up in a crown around my head etc....I do this without thinking at this point, but people kept commenting on how my hair was changing...I wasn't really thinking about it at all...even Rabbi Bruce noticed and commented on my pricess hairstyle (the crown)...For those who do not know: an aliya is an honor of reading the torah blessings...so I had one for my Bat Mitzvah...a Bat or Bar Mitzvah is the first time that you are called to the torah...since she never had one she is first being called to the torah tommorrow. But I have lots of work. It's strange...I went to bed, or started heading to bed at 11, or 11:30 last night and it felt late, but earlier than normal...right now 11:15 seems way too early to go to bed. I'd wanted to sleep in and catch up on sleep...but at least I won't throw myself off by staying up late...the earliest I went to bed was probably midnight this whole week...We too quickly went into "G-d damn them all" choruses and sea shanties this evening...I wish we'd done more hebrew and pretty songs...and it was cool because I usually sing the high parts, and so does Abby, and she was sitting on the floor leaning against my knees so I could really hear our part strongly with two voices on it coming from the same direction...we also sang one song in 6 parts and another one in 2 because it should be 3 but I can't do it by myself as Molly and I learned one time,but Dane said "You can lead this one, can't you?" And I said "I guess." so it dropped down to 2 parts....Sonia (an Ada Comstock Scholar (Ada's are over the usual college age) who comes with her daughter) was with me but following me. I have my chorus sectional to look forward to on Sunday. I'm determined to finnish my book The Talmud and the Internet (Talmud: Rabbinical (having to do with rabbis) interpretations of the torah) this weekend so I can write 4 pages on it for Justin Cammy by thursday...though with Rally Day (a school day off and holiday) I should have enough time. We had chocolate cake with powdered sugar sprinkled on top in the shape of hearts tonight...I helped Caitlin with the powdered sugar!!!! Yum!! Sooo...this weekend...I have..breakfast with Hillel, services, HW, Havdalah, more HW, meals, sectional...and I forgot...Zeke Hecker's Symphony (or whatever) is premiering at JMG (John M. Green Hall, Smith College, tommorrow night...so I need to get tickets if I want to go. Will I ...that's a lot to do in one weekend...G'night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home