You really don't need to read all of this!

This is me rambling and thinking out loud, me showing how incapable I am at making decisions, me trying to be funny and failing and generating laughs just from my ramblingness...beware of sudden subject changes...I write as I think...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

The V. Monologues

WOW!! I didn't quite know what to expect...I had expected that it would be interesting and good to see...the whole time I was trying to figure out what roles I thought I could handle...most of them I probably couldn't do justice too...I can't really relate to most of the characters and I'd feel like an imposter. But they were really powerful...and scary, and touching. I was happy to return to my house, though at the end, and get out of that world of swears and coarsness...maybe I missed the point, or maybe the show has to be an overload to make an impact, but...there's more to life than vaginas...and I really don't see how they can talk and have names...they are just a part of the body...aren't fingers more interesting?(Or is that just my middleclass, college girl perspective on the world?)...Hands can do so much...they allow you to put words on paper: to write stories, they let you feel the soft fluff of a kitten's head, or talk if you cannot speak. But I do apreciate the Monologues and am glad that they exist. But I am also enjoying the snow that I woke up to find on the ground...there is nothing as nice as the cold...to feel little snowflakes flying, cold against your face, as the wind tries to make your hair fly away to the land of the fairies. From my desk I can see the swirling snow and softed world...the lights inside add a yellow warmth, and my new calendar on the wall is a doorway into an enchanted world of ladies and knights...the painting for February is called "Farewell-one kiss, and I'll descend" by Eleanor Fortescue Brickdale (1871-1945)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home