I got a C!!!!!
I feel lucky to be able to say that that is the worst thing to happen to me recently...
(It was on a French Essay-which she gave back to use after taking half the class to tell us all the mistackes we all made, then after we got them back (very encouraging) we took our quiz/test, whatever, on the chapter....sigh)
I was about to cry today because several little things happened which are too small to mention, but all together made me feel sad....though they really are insignificant...
Ballet was good today...I borrowed Evan's shoes which are a size 9 and so I had to tighten them a lot because they are too big and look silly, but work...I need to take the bus into Amherst and but my own shoes...I was at one of the center barre's today and the teacher stood in the center so I could see better and I did a better job today than usual!!!!
Went into town with Massiell and Lauren after dinner: got another floor pillow for my room!!!!
Livie and I are going to make a reading corner in our room!!!!
I also went to Herall's, the very popular ice cream place which I've been to several times...and got a chococate milk shake...they were out of coconut ice cream...
coconut ice cream is the reason why I love them...they are the only place I've had Italy-worthy coconut ice cream!!!!!
Cheer up, everyone...two more days till the weekend!!!!
The rumor here is that tomorrow will be Mountian Day. (Smith tradition: opposite of a snow day- when the weather is so good that classes are cancelled for the day and we go out to enjoy fall by climbing mountains, or apple picking etc.)
Some of my friends stayed up late last night hoping it would be today...we only know that it is mountain day when the bells toll in the morning...whixh is when we will all go back to sleep.
Some of us will use the holiday for school work...I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.
Sweet dreams,
Leah
(It was on a French Essay-which she gave back to use after taking half the class to tell us all the mistackes we all made, then after we got them back (very encouraging) we took our quiz/test, whatever, on the chapter....sigh)
I was about to cry today because several little things happened which are too small to mention, but all together made me feel sad....though they really are insignificant...
Ballet was good today...I borrowed Evan's shoes which are a size 9 and so I had to tighten them a lot because they are too big and look silly, but work...I need to take the bus into Amherst and but my own shoes...I was at one of the center barre's today and the teacher stood in the center so I could see better and I did a better job today than usual!!!!
Went into town with Massiell and Lauren after dinner: got another floor pillow for my room!!!!
Livie and I are going to make a reading corner in our room!!!!
I also went to Herall's, the very popular ice cream place which I've been to several times...and got a chococate milk shake...they were out of coconut ice cream...
coconut ice cream is the reason why I love them...they are the only place I've had Italy-worthy coconut ice cream!!!!!
Cheer up, everyone...two more days till the weekend!!!!
The rumor here is that tomorrow will be Mountian Day. (Smith tradition: opposite of a snow day- when the weather is so good that classes are cancelled for the day and we go out to enjoy fall by climbing mountains, or apple picking etc.)
Some of my friends stayed up late last night hoping it would be today...we only know that it is mountain day when the bells toll in the morning...whixh is when we will all go back to sleep.
Some of us will use the holiday for school work...I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.
Sweet dreams,
Leah

5 Comments:
At 12:31 AM,
Myles said…
:heart: Leah, its not the end of the world that you got a C. Its not bad, remember C means 'met expectations' or something like that. Its not a bad grade. Especially for college.
Don't worry about it, enjoy Mountain Day!
At 7:04 AM,
Sam said…
Hi, Leah~
It's often the little things...but a C isn't too bad. While thinking the next day *might* be a holiday and doing you things you wouldn't normally do and then suffering for it when it isn't a holiday must really bite! But the shopping in Northampton is so much fun! You've got one of my favorite stores there, Faces, I love that place (and it's where I found my librarian action figure). Anyway, good luck finding your holiday and have a blast when it's located! And, sorry, you've gotten one of my too-early-in-the-morning - but - wanted-to-say-hi-anyway rambles. :0)
Tchuss! ~Sam
At 10:41 AM,
Laurel said…
this is such a weird coincidence but i totally got a C on my french paper yesterday too!!! omgs
At 1:17 PM,
Leah said…
Yeah, Faces is loved by us all....they have fake Composition notebooks which say "Uncomposition" or something like that on them...and others which say things like ..."Horribly mispelled words" on the covers!!!!
I'm sooooo tempted to get one of them!!!!!!!!
At 1:19 PM,
Leah said…
Laurel:
That's sooooo weird!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home