You really don't need to read all of this!

This is me rambling and thinking out loud, me showing how incapable I am at making decisions, me trying to be funny and failing and generating laughs just from my ramblingness...beware of sudden subject changes...I write as I think...

Thursday, September 22, 2005

IT'S MOUNTAIN DAY!!!!!!

I only have one class today anyway....but I woke up at 7:15 (?) because my HP (House Prez) Nkechi(In-Kay-Chee) was running around yelling...then other people got up and we could hear the bells of the college chaple ringing for a half an hour...faintly...so we get pick- nick (I can't spell that, especially after taking French) lunches and can spend the day however we want!!!!

Last night when I left the livingroom early at 11:00 the home work party was continuing. I woke up at 2:00 this morning and people were still up down there, talking loudly ....the living room is right under my room...so I have the chimney in my room...


I didn't check my mail yesterday and so when I went (in my pajamas, after breakfast-we went early so we could see one of the other houses to their MT Day tradition of dressing up disco-ish and singing along and dancing to thier music during breakfast: making fools of themselves...or trying to...) I was suprised!!!!!---My new bathrobe, a present from my parents for my birthday, came!!!!It's terry and cozy and a light blue green in color.

I learned at breakfast that part of the welcome letter sent to first-years at that house is that they should bring disco wear....and another house writes that everyone should bring a respectable bra that they would not mind being seen in and many a first year has been horrified. (It's for convocation.)

I'm happy because I finnally saw a scale and I weigh what I usually do, I'd had no clue, though actually, I don' t know exactly what I weighed before I came here.


Thinking about what I'd usually do on a snow day, or free day...makes me miss everyone.

You know what I really feel like doing right now?
I want to hang out at Laurel's house...I used to get so much work done there...at least it was a very painless environment for me to work in.
-And when we were all over and working on various projects...

Which reminds me that I thought I had a present for Laurel, but at some point closer to her birthday I'll have to look back over things and figure things out!!!

Just worked out some feelings in one of my journals, but still have French essay corrections (Joy, what's the point?), ballet journal ect. to do ....one can never write too much...

Oh yeah-News Flash...I have now decided to become a writer...I'd figured for a while that
I'd probably do it on the side, but now I'm thinking that I should just officially want to be one without any other career....and so now marrying a rich guy is a high priority with me...


I AM JOKING, BY THE WAY.....

I want to be a writer, but I don't want to marry a rich person...not that I'm intentionally try not to...I won't be looking for one, though....ayway, I'm rambling, most people probably get what I mean...

I should use spel chek in this pregram...yes that wwas intentional...

But then it wouldn't be as interesting.


I'm feeling kind of out of it and alone because most of the first years in my house do their own things and the two I like the most aren't near to my room and I rarely see them. The others who are in a crowd in the house are my roommate and two others, but I feel like increasingly they are appart from me in what they're doing or care about...and my friends eat all meals together, but I only have time because of locations, to eat lunch with them usually, and I'm out of the loop usually...so I' sad...there are other girls that i like too, but college is so different from our tiny high school...you don't just have one group or friends here, you know many people...though you still several weeks into the semester don't know everyone's names and still ask all the time....I actually couldn't wait for chorus yesterday because I figured I was safe from doing anything which would make me sad!!!!!

Anyway...I have managed to waste sooo much time now and I need to do my home work...Oh, my god!!!!! I can toucj tyoe noe (Touch type now....I guess I almost can...that was actually exaggerated and ntentionally bad.....

Yeah, but anyway.....I'm quite excited!!!!!!!


Yeah, and have a nice day!!!!

-Leah

6 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Laurel said…

    mountain day sounds so cool. i actually had a picnic today too!! (i wrote about it in my blog so i won't repeat), i miss having you to help me with my homework too!! It's really weird having to be totally independant. i'm used to having my friends in all my classes and being able to call them if i don't understand an assignment... i'm sure it'll be like that later, but for now i miss it.

    it's so cool that you figured out what you want to do (write). i now have no clue. i mean part of me (most of me) still wants to be a doctor, but alot of me thinks that maybe i don't... ack, i don't know!!! biology is so confusing, but interesting. but i like french and history and well.. pretty much everything. i'm officially having my beginning of life crisis.. owell. ended up writing way more than intended.

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Me said…

    hey im still having my begining of life chrisis. you'll have fun I can come visit you soon perhaps next weekend (I'll have to check, dont count on it)
    holy shit it is late and I still have a paper to write.
    later

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Myles said…

    Hope Mountain Day was all you wanted it to be :)

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Leah said…

    yes, it was a lot of home work...

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Laurel said…

    i got your message but not until this afternoon (saturday) where did you go for the weekend?

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    Laurel: By the way now I'm really not in the mood to be a professional writer...started Friday night when some of the girls were discussing how hard it is to get anything published...so I'm without a career...perhaps:

    I could be Jess's editor, your secretary, or Katie's agent...or maybe Myles' co-teacher...you never know...or we'll all end up in Austrailia...must post this on my main page...I like the Austrailia comment!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home