You really don't need to read all of this!

This is me rambling and thinking out loud, me showing how incapable I am at making decisions, me trying to be funny and failing and generating laughs just from my ramblingness...beware of sudden subject changes...I write as I think...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

This was a comment at Myles' blog but I thought since it is so long, and says so much, that I should post it here!!!

Hi Myles...reading what you write makes my day happier...I did have a good day today, fell asleep while reading the Odessey this afternoon so did my HW and got a nap in...I do really like the Odessey...it's abit different from the many novels for teen girls I've read....and the novel Troy...it is unsuprisingly like
The Aeneid! I'm starting to see first hand what Miss Huntoon meant when she said Virgil was copying Homer...

Having fun rambling...must do home work...must do home work...I had to repeat it so you might get the way I'm saying that in my head:like a robot...

Learned about the Elusinian Mysteries (or Rites) in Rites of
Passage today...will explain, but you being Myles: he-who-knows-all-history,
I'm operating under the asumption that you know what I'm talking about....anyway...they make me think of the orgy scene in Brave New World...and I usually don't have a sick mind to connect things like that together..."We don't know what they did in the ultimate moment in the rite"...it just sounds like...I don't know...and these are ancient Greeks, who are similar to the ancient Romans....anyway

Enough of that ramble...

How was your weekend?

Who is this "Matt" you live with?

I guess I could just e-mail him and ask...the Matt I know...I haven't spoken to him in a month and a half...speaking of that...I've never talked to Mekan....and perhaps I should e-mail Ashley and Ian and others.

Anyway...sorry, this is long...maybe I should have e-mailed you.


I'm getting to the point where I won't let myself turn on my computer because I know then I'll write on the blogs and not get my work done...
i have ywt to say anything besides one sentence on my blog today....maybe I'll paste this in because it is long and I've bothered to write it aka: gotten distracted........

Things are not the way i thought they'd be:
1) I'm happy if I get a B- as a grade
2) I always seem to not get my reading done
3)Nothing bad has happened but I never seem to know no matter how many places I check exactly i have to do on a particular day for a particular class...We lost time w/ Mt. Day and I looked at my sylibus right bfore class to seei hadn't done the reading...I'd been going by what i remembered I had to do...then I didn't have the old book, bu tI did bring the new one to class because we were behind...but we really weren't followong the scedual because we were behind and my original thought was correct...whay so I always feel soooo disorganized, even though I spend so much time on organization....more than on acutal homw work or study? I used to be organized...or High School systems have to be redone..already i use notebooks, not binders...just because you are good at pulling papers out of your bag with out putting them in special folders that I thought yu could appreciate this rant that i didn't mean to make you listen to...stopping for breath now.

Went to JYA fair....colleges in England ect. also were there... I talked to the people from Israel, though I rally don't know why anyone would want to go there and get blown up...

Also today , things of interest...

Happened to be up at 7 am even though my alarm was set for 7:45...
I went to the bathroom...heard someone's alarm go off...my room mate came in to ask if i was in there..I said yeah and finished washing my hands... went back to my room to have Nkechi tell me to put my shoes on on her way around the house banging on doors....
So we all ended up standing in our drive way in the early morning cold...some of us, that is...some (at least the only two girls who live on the fourth floor slept through it)...because an alarm in the kitchen decided to go off for no reason...and public safety and a fire truck came (We do have a burn time of 2 minutes) we all feel incredibly safe now knowing that our alarm system does not work...most of the alarms never went off...they should have...it's not good to sleep through a fire...also we all exited so slowly most of us would have died...wow...I wasn't scared, but looking back on it, i should have been...or should be still...
i think they repaired the system....that can't be legal...


Happy-it smells slightly like fall!!
It's gotten cold -this mornign and evening...though it was sunny for a while!!!

You know you're from a small place when you talk about people at your college by naming people from home...

Laurel and I were discussing how many hippies, or people with dreds, or what ever, and so were (affectonatly) saying "I have a lot of Mikes at my school" (Me) or "There aren't a lot of Mikes at my school." (Laurel)

The girls down stairs are discussing whether there was a hot guy among the fire men and women this morning...I think there was a guy sighting at the campus center (I know I've seen four, but you can't go up to a random guy and say "Will you marry me?")...

Just spent last hour writting this, must do some work and not fall prey to college procrastination habit...

G'night, sleep tight, don't let the bed-bugs bite!

Love, Leah

5 Comments:

  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Laurel said…

    i concur on both being really confused about assignments and being unorganized. can't skip any of bio reading as i don't even understand it when i read it

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Myles said…

    I decided I would just comment here instead of in my blog.
    I'm sure your doing fine in your classes, keep up as best you can. What I've noticed with some of my classes is that all the reading isnt necessary anyways. Just find the main points of the chapters.
    Syllabus' are my best friend. I would have no idea what was going on if I didnt check them. Professor's never mention whats coming up.
    I actually know a little about the Elusian mysteries, I don't quite know everything...yet. :)
    Fire alarms are annoying. We had some tests last week, and I had to be here for every one.
    Have fun with the Odyssey!
    Nite.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Me said…

    I'm taking most theater and remedial classes, so what I have to do is kind of easy.. no one in my classes follows the Syllabus, but I'm so unorganized that I don't care or even feel that they are disorganized.

    that could be a bad thing.

    hey did you know that the bonfire is this weekend on friday night? I think Im going to go home for friday night and just go back really late that night. It will be awesome.

    ok have blabbed on for a while now
    Later

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    Would love to go to it but I have a chorus benefit concert for Katrina victims at 7:00 pm and can't go.
    Now I wish I could.

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Laurel said…

    it would awesome to do that, but my pastor's coming up to visit from like 7 to 8 ish... have fun though and say his to mary and teagan and stacy and kelly and all the others!! (even if they're not on field hockey)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home