I've never done so much skimming in my life...
I had three weeks worth of a college history course to read yesterday and today...I think i might have gotten something out of it...this waiting to do it was not intentional...
1. I joined the class late ans had essays to do for the same class.
2. Forgot about some of reading after doing essays.
3. Had more pressing hand-in stuff to do...(this class is my field-classics so I could fake it easily.)
4. Didn't want to read it if other option was to hang out with my house mates and drink tea etc.
5. Realized Friday night that I really needed to do it...that I now had make up and new stuff to read...it's sortof read...
Anyway, third Katin quiz tomorrow and lots of classes...I'll talk to people later...
-Leah
1. I joined the class late ans had essays to do for the same class.
2. Forgot about some of reading after doing essays.
3. Had more pressing hand-in stuff to do...(this class is my field-classics so I could fake it easily.)
4. Didn't want to read it if other option was to hang out with my house mates and drink tea etc.
5. Realized Friday night that I really needed to do it...that I now had make up and new stuff to read...it's sortof read...
Anyway, third Katin quiz tomorrow and lots of classes...I'll talk to people later...
-Leah

4 Comments:
At 11:45 PM,
Laurel said…
so far havn't had to resort to too much skimming-a little in my guide to the OED, but that was because it repeats itself and takes up a page explaining what a noun is. but i definitly think it's starting to look like a good alternative to doing all this work!
At 11:52 PM,
Leah said…
yeah...there you are Laurel....I tracked you over here from Myles' blog....it's so cool when we are all on at the same time!!!!
At 12:06 AM,
Leah said…
I really wanted to read it all...it's all intereting, and some doesn't make sense skimmed. but it just was impossible...I wanted to be able to continue with my life, feel I can crossthings off my to-do lists...be able to now read the readingings is caught-up peace...though I still have the un-skimmable one to read...you'd like it..."Homo ludens" -trying to define "fun",(Title means :"Man who plays") discuss "play"....it's anthro, sociology, phychology....everything all rolled into one....to help explain the ancient olympics and things we actually are studying in my class...Anyway several of my books have pretty color photographs...One is just Primary, but translated sources from ancient Greece...not boring, but nothing I haven't heard...it's kindof a list, woiuld be helpful for writting a reaserach paper in need of quotes...Will stop here, it's late...I need sleep and to study .....
Love, Leah
At 12:41 AM,
Myles said…
Wow, we all seem to be backlogged with work this weekend. I won't keep you. I still have a ton of stuff to do. Night.
Post a Comment
<< Home