You really don't need to read all of this!

This is me rambling and thinking out loud, me showing how incapable I am at making decisions, me trying to be funny and failing and generating laughs just from my ramblingness...beware of sudden subject changes...I write as I think...

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Greek Stands in my Way...EEKkk

I now only have one class (English-at 11am tomorrow) and one test (Greek midterm due by 5pm online...it's timed...he's hard core into technology...which is strange in a Classics Prof.) before I get to drive North. I haven't studied enough so far...but I was just going over my vocab and the oration in Greek I have to translate passages from and I do know a lot of it. I also need to study the grammer, too, though. AAHH. But she's also giving us an extra credit paper assignment which isn't due until Monday...so I may do that too! I packed this afternoon.

Rithi had a Prospective Student staying with her last night...the girl was also applying to Smith. I would be a good resource for her...to discuss the two schools from my own experience...but I didn't. I think I wasn't sure which school to root for!!! Smith is way more amazing than Wesleyan...yet I'm much more happy here than I was at Smith! How do you choose? Wesleyan is also amazing...I can't imagine how other schools come close to being like it either.

Nadeem's computer died and he was writing a paper, so I had him borrow mine...so I didn't get it back until a half an hour ago...and got my laundry put away, packed for break and read my English homework...got lots done without the internet distracting me. (Though I did go on my roommate's computer earlier because I couldn't stand it! hehe) I'm going to read through the whole section of the oration that I have to know and go over the vocab again...go over the grammer...and then study some more looking up words I don't remember... (I love Perseus, the on-line Classics database!!!!!)

Hopefully I'll study in Ann-Marie's room tonight...haven't seen her in a while...outside of fast-a-thon madness! Her room is crazy because her bed is so high you have to climb or jump really high to get onto it...and she always has tea...and she has a rocking chair. It's really adorable!!! I spent a lot of this past week studying in Nadeem's room and getting to hear the new totals in the fast-a-thon as they came in!!! It was very exciting. And then when that would get too intense I'd wander out across the hall into Sam's peaceful and well ordered room.

Sam's room always feels right...and really safe...it's not exploding with laughter as Nadeem's room (which also has dark red and blue as the dominant colors) but his rug, lamp and blanket are a nice leafy green color...and there's the Hewitt courtyard right outside his room. It's a good spot from which to watch the rain. Messier rooms are very cozy and nice to hang out in...but so are clean rooms. I personally can't stand to have my own room be messy...I like to be able to find things and to see the floor!!! (My room is funny because my roommate and I have about the same level of neatness, yet we always are opposite each other...so when my side is neat hers is a little messy and when hers is all neat mine is a little messy!!!) But anyway...I prefer not to work in my room...I like being in the company of other people.

I'm really glad I live in Hewitt...even though I have a one room double as a Junior. I LOVE my hallmates. I feel like I have a home, a community. At Smith your House is your family...and I feel like I've found a family here. Funny I'm thinking this right before I go visit Smith!!

So, yeah...Tomorrow I'm driving North...staying over night at Smith...and then driving the rest of the way home on Saturday!!!! YAY!!! I just realized now that I can't wait to see Teddy and Tiger!!!!!


Oh, right...STUDYING...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home