"And when you're with me if I close my eyes, There are times I swear I feel like I can fly..."
I just felt like putting a quote in the title line. I know it's supposed to be all romantic and everything...but I was trying to analyze that line and all I could think of was that he has to close his eyes because she's so ugly, so to feel great, to feel so amazing that he feels like he could fly he has to close his eyes when he's with her. So now I think it's kind of horrible. Anybody have any suggestions? Because shouldn't you want to look at someone if you really like them? I mean, really...yeah- sometimes things can be enjoyed so much more eyes closed...like picking a nice spot in the forest and closing your eyes so you can listen to the birds...I just think that if one is with the person whom one loves eyes closed or open shouldn't matter to make you want to fly. Just being in the same room as the person whom you love should make you feel that your feet could leave the ground!!!
So...that quote...that CD...It was so exciting...it was one of the last days of finals, and I'd been doing so much work...and then Windows Media Player updated...and I suddenly realized what "Closer" was...because a picture of an album cover popped up in the new version...it turned out to be Josh Groban...so his beautiful voice got me through the end of finals! (YAY!!)
I had a total of 14 things to do...and by Tuesday I only had my Final paper to finish for Latin and my Greek (non-cumulative) test to study for and take. By 5pm Thursday everything was done. (I probably only got a 25 on my Greek test since I was halfway done by the time I ran out of time and I probably lost many points on the translations and grammer questions and probably even the vocab...but if it averages in nicely with my other tests and my million quizzes the quizzes will keep me afloat!) I really don't care at this point. I'll pass, count it toward my major and not have to take it again. I really should have just been an English major or something...currently Medieval studies is looking really interesting...or maybe I just love my professor! (YAY...I'm in one of his second semester classes too!!!!!)
We went out to eat in town and then went sledding...five of us...after finals ended. It was so nice...at one point I was the only one outside and so I just sat on Foss hill next to me "sled" and enjoyed having the outside all to myself. I'd been hearing about sledding all semester so it was so nice to finally get to go!!! And I was looking at the lights and the snow and it was all so beautiful, and so peaceful and still...and I thought of all the happy students who had already gone home, and those of us there but still happily done!!! And then early Friday morning (I was still awake) several people headed to the airport. It's only me, Sam and Ann-Marie on this coast for break...Nadeem's family is heading off to India for a month to visit relatives. He'll also hear whether he got into med school at the end of December. He is so perfect for this program it would be so amazing if as a college sophomore he knows where he's going to med school!!! And if not he'll keep on the pre-med track and apply again to normal programs. AAHH! Makes the rest of us who don't really want to go to grad school feel like slackers, especially when we're juniors and haven't figured out what we want to do when we grow up. I mean, his goal of saving the world is so wonderful...I sometimes wish that I were going to be a doctor. I want to do something good for other people too. But I suppose I'll find a way to do that in my own way...as we all will.
Oh...I should go to bed...I need to be on home time...since I'm not at college anymore, so I don't need to go to bed at 1 or 2 am every night and get up at 9 or 10. I need to go to bed at 10 and get up at...6????? (Tomorrow we're driving into the city for the day for a family party.) Normally I think I'll try to get up at about 8am.
I've been home since yesterday at about 2pm...so why am I so bored already. There's too many movies to watch and books and cats to play with and I'm bored. I got to see Jess, though!!! It was so great to sit and talk to her since we really haven't talked that much this semester...and then I had to go way too soon...I'd just had my mom drop me off on her way to do errands in town...it was so weird to have to go when my parent came to pick me up...I didn't realize I'd gotten so used to driving myself places...then again...this is my 4th year of having my license!!! But otherwise...there's too much to do, and not enough to do...and too much time. I need something to have to do so I'm not completely afloat in a sea of nothing that has to be done! I did bring sewing projects back...one I started at school, but that I need to continue. I need to write also...and help out around the house.
OK...post is too long, as per usual.
So...that quote...that CD...It was so exciting...it was one of the last days of finals, and I'd been doing so much work...and then Windows Media Player updated...and I suddenly realized what "Closer" was...because a picture of an album cover popped up in the new version...it turned out to be Josh Groban...so his beautiful voice got me through the end of finals! (YAY!!)
I had a total of 14 things to do...and by Tuesday I only had my Final paper to finish for Latin and my Greek (non-cumulative) test to study for and take. By 5pm Thursday everything was done. (I probably only got a 25 on my Greek test since I was halfway done by the time I ran out of time and I probably lost many points on the translations and grammer questions and probably even the vocab...but if it averages in nicely with my other tests and my million quizzes the quizzes will keep me afloat!) I really don't care at this point. I'll pass, count it toward my major and not have to take it again. I really should have just been an English major or something...currently Medieval studies is looking really interesting...or maybe I just love my professor! (YAY...I'm in one of his second semester classes too!!!!!)
We went out to eat in town and then went sledding...five of us...after finals ended. It was so nice...at one point I was the only one outside and so I just sat on Foss hill next to me "sled" and enjoyed having the outside all to myself. I'd been hearing about sledding all semester so it was so nice to finally get to go!!! And I was looking at the lights and the snow and it was all so beautiful, and so peaceful and still...and I thought of all the happy students who had already gone home, and those of us there but still happily done!!! And then early Friday morning (I was still awake) several people headed to the airport. It's only me, Sam and Ann-Marie on this coast for break...Nadeem's family is heading off to India for a month to visit relatives. He'll also hear whether he got into med school at the end of December. He is so perfect for this program it would be so amazing if as a college sophomore he knows where he's going to med school!!! And if not he'll keep on the pre-med track and apply again to normal programs. AAHH! Makes the rest of us who don't really want to go to grad school feel like slackers, especially when we're juniors and haven't figured out what we want to do when we grow up. I mean, his goal of saving the world is so wonderful...I sometimes wish that I were going to be a doctor. I want to do something good for other people too. But I suppose I'll find a way to do that in my own way...as we all will.
Oh...I should go to bed...I need to be on home time...since I'm not at college anymore, so I don't need to go to bed at 1 or 2 am every night and get up at 9 or 10. I need to go to bed at 10 and get up at...6????? (Tomorrow we're driving into the city for the day for a family party.) Normally I think I'll try to get up at about 8am.
I've been home since yesterday at about 2pm...so why am I so bored already. There's too many movies to watch and books and cats to play with and I'm bored. I got to see Jess, though!!! It was so great to sit and talk to her since we really haven't talked that much this semester...and then I had to go way too soon...I'd just had my mom drop me off on her way to do errands in town...it was so weird to have to go when my parent came to pick me up...I didn't realize I'd gotten so used to driving myself places...then again...this is my 4th year of having my license!!! But otherwise...there's too much to do, and not enough to do...and too much time. I need something to have to do so I'm not completely afloat in a sea of nothing that has to be done! I did bring sewing projects back...one I started at school, but that I need to continue. I need to write also...and help out around the house.
OK...post is too long, as per usual.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home